Interhospital Pediatric Intensive Care Transport
the lack of sufficient pediatric intensive care beds in tertiary centers
the reluctance of physicians in general hospitals to refer these critically ill children, and
the organization of safe transportation of these children on a regular basis.
KeywordsTertiary Center Invasive Blood Pressure Transport Team Interhospital Transfer Retrieval Team
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Gemke RJ, Bonsel GJ (1995) Comparative assessment of pediatric intensive care: a national multicenter study. Pediatric Intensive Care Assessment of Outcome ( PICASSO) Study Group. Crit Care Med 23: 238-245Google Scholar
- 9.Ridley SA, Wright IH, Rogers PN (1990) Secondary transport of critically ill patients. Hospital Update, April: 289 - 300.Google Scholar
- 12.American College of Emergency Physicians (2001) Managed health care organizations and emergency care. Ann Emerg Med 38: 487 - 488Google Scholar
- 14.Anonymous (1999) Guidelines for developing admission and discharge policies for the pediatric intensive care unit. Pediatric Section Task Force on Admission and Discharge Criteria, Society of Critical Care Medicine in conjunction with the American College of Critical Care Medicine and the Committee on Hospital Care of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Crit Care Med 27: 843 - 845CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Bleeker JK, Rutten FL, van Leeuwen FL, Jansen YG (1993) [The quality of ambulance transportation between regional hospitals and a central hospital]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 137: 1091 - 1095Google Scholar