Special Topics in EMI/EMC Modeling
The uses for modeling and simulation for fundamental EMC issues have been covered extensively in this book. More complex problems can also be readily addressed through modeling. Of necessity, methods used to solve these problems are also more complex. This chapter is intended to serve as an introduction to the modeling of complex problems with the goal of showing different methods of approaching these problems. Creating appropriate models provides many opportunities for the user to express their creativity and ingenuity.
KeywordsRadio Frequency Print Circuit Board Ground Plane Absorb Boundary Condition Paddle Wheel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.R Archambeault, “Modeling of EMI Emissions from Microstrip Structures with Imperfect Reference Planes,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium, March 1997, pp. 1058–1063.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Poh, “Electromagnetic Emissions from Microstrip Discontinuities in Interchip Packaging,” Internal Digital Equipment Corporation Report, 13 Feb, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Daijavad, H. Heeb, “On the Effectiveness of Decoupling Capacitors in Reducing Electromagnetic Radiation from PCBs,” 1993 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 330–333.Google Scholar
- 4.B.R. Archambeault, C. Brench, “Shielded Air Vent Designs iuidelines from EMI Modeling,” 1993 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 195–199.Google Scholar
- 5.D.M. Hockanson, J.L. Drewniak, T.H. Hubing, and T.P. VanDoren, “Application of the Finite Difference Time Domain Method to Radiation from Shielded Enclosures,” 1994 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 83–88.Google Scholar
- 6.B.L. Brench, C.E. Brench, “Shield Degradation in the Presence of External Conductors,” 1994 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 269–273.Google Scholar
- 7.B.R. Archambeault, C.E. Brench, “Modeled and Measured Results from Two Proposed Standard EMI Modeling Problems,” 1995 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 349–352.Google Scholar
- 8.B.R. Archambeault and K. Chamberlin, “Modeling the EMI Performance of Various Seam Shapes,” Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society International Symposium, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.J.L. Drewniak, T.H. Hubing, T.P. Van Doren, “Investigation of Fundamental Mechanisms of Common-Mode Radiation from Printed Circuit Boards with Attached Cables”, Internal Report, University of Missouri-Rolla.Google Scholar
- 12.J.D. Kraus, Antennas, McGraw-Hill Book, New York, 2nd Ed., 1988.Google Scholar