In this chapter we consider the approximation of a piecewise analytic function on touching domains by polynomials and the convergence of Bieberbach polynomials in domains with quasiconformal boundary. We have already used some of the results of this chapter in previous sections.
KeywordsSpecial Topic Polynomial Approximation Singular Integral Operator Polynomial Kernel Admissible Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Grothmann, E.B. Saff (1988): On the behavior of zeros and poles of best uniform polynomial and rational approximants. Nonlinear numerical methods and rational approximation (ed. A. Cuyt), Reidel, Dordrecht: 57–75.Google Scholar
- J.M. Anderson, W.H.J. Fuchs (1988): Remarks on “almost best” approximation in the complex plane. Complex Analysis (ed. J. Hersch, A. Huber ): 17–25.Google Scholar
- S.N. Mergelyan (1951): Some questions in constructive function theory. Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova, Akad. Nauk SSSR, 37: 3–91 (Russian).Google Scholar
- P.K. Suetin (1971): Polynomials orthogonal over a region and Bieberbach polynomials. Proc. Steklov Inst. Math., 100. Providence, RI 1974. American Math. Society.Google Scholar
- V.V. Andrievskii (1984): Convergence of Bieberbach polynomials in domains with quasiconformal boundary. Ukrainian Math J., 32: 435–440 (Russian).Google Scholar