Outsourcing: An Information Systems Development Case Study in an Indonesian SME
Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) comprise the vast majority of businesses throughout Asia. Indeed, in the last twenty years, there has been a considerable growth in terms of the number of SMEs throughout Asian economies, and Indonesia in particular. The importance of SMEs to the Indonesia economy is further highlighted by their contribution to national development and by the fact that, as a sector, they provide and create jobs especially during time of recession.
KeywordsInformation System Management Information System Provider Selection Process Organizational Learning Process Small Medium Enterprise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Avison, D. E and G. Fitzgerald, 2003, Information Systems Development: Methodologies, Techniques, and Tools, 3`“ Ed., McGraw Hill, Sydney, pp. 133–137.Google Scholar
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), 2001, Third survey on usage of information technology by SMEs,(March 16, 2003); http://www.ciionline.org/busserv/ssiGoogle Scholar
- Hall, C., 1995, APEC and SME Policy Suggestions for an Action Agenda, Monash Asia Institute, Clayton. Heikkila, J., Saarinen, T., and Saaksjarvi, M., 1991, Success of software packages in small business: an explanatory study, European Journal of Information Systems, 1: 3, 159–169.Google Scholar
- Laudon, Kenneth C. and Jane P. Laudon, 1996, Management Information Systems: Organization and Technology, 4`“ Ed, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, pp. 43–47.Google Scholar
- Oz, Effy, 2002, Management Information Systems, 3`d Ed., Course Technology, Boston, pp. 53–87.Google Scholar
- Robert, J., Buhman, C., Garcia, S. and David Allinder, 2002, Bringing COTS information technology to small manufacturing Enterprises, Dynamic Business, July/August.Google Scholar
- Watson, R. T., Kelly, G. G., Galliers, R. D. and Brancheau, J. C., 1997, Key issues in information systems management: an international perspective, Journal of Management Information Systems, 13: 4, 91–115.Google Scholar
- Wroe, B., 1987, Successful Computing in Small Business, NCC Publications, Manchester.Google Scholar