Old Trick, New Dogs: Learning to use CRUD matrices early in object-oriented information system development
Developing CRUD matrices to check and aid the creation of analysis and design artefacts is well established. The use of CRUD matrices in object-oriented information system development (OOISD) is typically late in the development cycle, when design is taking place. At this design stage the CRUD process focuses on small portions of the system identifying the collaborations between classes within a use case or the operations within a class. Few have documented the use of CRUD matrices early in OOISD.
KeywordsClass Diagram Empty Cell Crud Analysis Business Function Crud Association
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AMS, 2003, AMS best practices use cases: Advanced use case modeling. Retrieved 7th May, 2003, from http://www.ams.com/bestpractices/usecasesbook.asp
- Armour, F., and Miller, G., 2001, Advanced Use Case Modelling: Software Systems, Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Box, I., & Ferguson, J., 2002, Object Oriented Software Development: Step by Step. Sydney, Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- Brandon, D., Jr., 2002, CRUD matrices for detailed object oriented design. The Journal of Computing in Small Colleges, 18 (2), 306–322.Google Scholar
- Brown, D. W., 2002, An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis, Objects, and UML in Plain English (2nd ed.): John Wiley and Sons.Google Scholar
- Dennis, A., Wixom, B. H., and Tegarden, D., 2002, Systems Analysis and Design: An Object-oriented Approach with UML, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.Google Scholar
- Fertuck, L., 1992, Systems Analysis and Design with CASE Tools, Wm. C. Brown Publishers.Google Scholar
- Gottesdiener, E., 1998, 00 Methodologies: Process and Product Patterns. Component Strategies,1(5).Google Scholar
- Kendall, K. E., and Kendall, J. E., 2002, Systems Analysis and Design (5th (International) ed.) Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- Maciaszek, L. A., 2001, Requirements Analysis and System Design: Developing Information Systems with UML. Harlow, England: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Satzinger, J., Jackson, R., and Burd, S., 2002, Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World (2nd ed.). Boston, MA, USA: Course Technology.Google Scholar