This volume contains many references to the uniqueness of the family physician as a health care provider. As attested by the succeeding chapters, this uniqueness is perhaps best demonstrated in the family physician’s patient management skills.
KeywordsGenetic Counseling Family Physician Iron Deficiency Anemia Premature Ejaculation Marital Partner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Plato: Republic, 389B-C, 564B-C, 567C; Gorgias, 477B–480C; Statesman, 293–300e.Google Scholar
- 4.Ingelfinger FJ: Arrogance. N Engl J Med 303: 1507 1512, 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.Barlund DC: The mystification of meaning: doctor-patient encounters. J Med Educ 51: 716–725, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.Linn L: Crisis intervention in private medical practice. NY State J Med 80: 209–211, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Bulloch D, Thompson B: Guidelines for family intervening and brief therapy by the family physician. J Fam Prac 9: 837–841, 1979.Google Scholar
- 11.Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs: US Senate Dietary Goals for the US Washington, DC, US Government Printing Office, 1979.Google Scholar
- 12.Marsland DW, Wood M, Mayo F: Content of family practice. J Fam Pract 3: 16–24, 1976.Google Scholar
- 13.Modrow CL, Miles C: Survey of physicians’ and patients’ nutrition education needs. J Am Diet 77: 686693, 1980.Google Scholar