Optimal Control and Dynamic Optimization
Part of the Applied Optimization book series (APOP, volume 80)
Optimal control problems involve vector decision variables. These problems are one of the most mathematically challenging problems in optimization theory.
KeywordsOptimal Control Problem Dynamic Optimization Geometric Brownian Motion Isoperimetric Problem Reflux Ratio
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bellman R. (1957), Dynamic Programming, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- 3.Betts J. T. (2001), Practical Method for optimal control Using Nonlinear Programming, SIAM, Philadelphia, PA.Google Scholar
- 4.Boltyanskii V. G., R. V. Gamkrelidze, and L. S. Pontryagin (1956), On the theory of optimum processes (in Russian), Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, 110, no. 1.Google Scholar
- 7.Diwekar U. M. (1995), Batch Distillation: Simulation, Optimal Design and Control, Taylor and Francis Publishers Inc. Washington DC.Google Scholar
- 9.Dixit A. K. and Pindyck, R.S.(1994), Investment Under Uncertainty, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.Google Scholar
- 12.Kirk D. E. (1970), Optimal Control Theory An Introduction, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.Google Scholar
- 14.Merton R. C, and P. A. Samuelson (1990), Continuous-Time Finance, B. Blackwell Publishing, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA.Google Scholar
- 15.Pontryagin L. S. (1956), Some mathematical problems arising in connection with the theory of automatic control system (in Russian), Session of the Academic Sciences of the USSR on Scientific Problems of Automatic Industry, October 15–20.Google Scholar
- 16.Pontryagin L. S. (1957), Basic problems of automatic regulation and control (in Russian), Izdvo Akad Nauk SSSR. Google Scholar
- 17.Rico-Ramirez V., U. Diwekar, and B. Morel (2002), Real option theory from finance to batch distillation, submitted to Computers and Chemical Engineering. Google Scholar
- 18.Thompson G. L. and Sethi, S. P. (1994), optimal control Theory, Martinus Nijhoff Publishing, Boston, MA.Google Scholar
- 19.Troutman J. L. (1995), Variational Calculus and Optimal Control, Second Edition, Springer, New York, NY.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2003