Examples of Various Photonic Crystal Applications
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
Resonators and filters
Prisms and polarizers
Photonic integrated circuits
Tunable crystals and optical switches
Antennas and electromagnetic wave techniques
Although many other papers treat ID crystals such as diffraction gratings and multilayer films as photonic crystals, we concentrate mainly on 2D and 3D photonic crystals in this chapter. Appropriate articles from each relevant research organization are introduced in accordance with the application. Note that all the published papers are not covered.
KeywordsPhotonic Crystal Photonic Crystal Fiber Photonic Crystal Waveguide Photonic Lattice Light Extraction Efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. A. Birks, J. C Knight, B. J. Mangan, and P. St. J. Russell (Univ. Bath, UK), IEICE Trans. Electron. E84-C, 585 (2001).Google Scholar
- T. Baba (Yokohama Nat. Univ., Japan), IEICE 81, 1067 (1998, in Japanese)Google Scholar
- J. Martorell, R. Vilaseca, and R. Corbalan (Univ. Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain), Appl. Phys. Lett. 70,702(1997).Google Scholar
- I. S. Nefedov, V. N. Gusyatnikov, P. K. Kashkarov, and A. M. Zheltikov (Inst, of Radio Eng. & Electron., etc., Russia), Laser Phys. 10, 640 (2000).Google Scholar
- F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma and T. Itoh (UCLA, USA), IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., 42, 66 (1999).Google Scholar