QR-Decomposition-Based RLS Filters
The application of QR decomposition  to triangularize the input data matrix results in an alternative method for the implementation of the recursive least-squares (RLS) method previously discussed. The main advantages brought about by the recursive least-squares algorithm based on QR decomposition are its possible implementation in systolic arrays – and its improved numerical behavior when quantization effects are taken into account .
KeywordsInformation Matrix Adaptive Filter Systolic Array Real Time Signal Processing Input Data Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.I. K. Proudler, J. G. McWhirter, and Y. J. Shepherd, “Fast QRD-based algorithms for least squares linear prediction,” Proc. IMA Conference on Mathematics in Signal Processing, Warwick, England, pp. 465–488, Dec. 1988.Google Scholar
- 12.J. A. Apolinario Jr., M. G. Siqueira, and P. S. R. Diniz, “On fast QR algorithm based on backward prediction errors: new result and comparisons,” Proc. first IEEE Balkan Conf. on Signal Processing, Communications, Circuits, and Systems, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 1–4, CD-ROM, June 2000.Google Scholar
- 15.C. A. Mead and L. A. Conway, Introduction to VLSI Systems, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1980.Google Scholar
- 22.M. G. Siqueira, P. S. R. Diniz, and A. Alwan, “Infinite precision analysis of the fast QR-recursive least squares algorithm,” Proc. IEEE Intern. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, London, England, pp. 2.293–2.296 , May 1994.Google Scholar
- 24.I. K. Proudler, J. G. McWhirter, and T. J. Shepherd, “Computationally efficient QR decomposition approach to least squares adaptive filtering,” IEE Proceedings-Part F, vol. 148, pp. 341–353, Aug. 1991.Google Scholar
- 27.J. M. Cioffi, “The fast Householder filters RLS adaptive filter,” Proc. IEEE Intern. Conf, on Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing, Albuquerque, NM, pp. 1619–1622, 1990.Google Scholar
- 29.Z.-S. Liu and J. Li, “A QR-based least mean squares algorithm for adaptive parameter estimation,” IEEE Trans, on Circuits and Systems-II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing, vol. 45, pp. 321–329, March 1998.Google Scholar
- 30.A. Ghirnikar and S. T. Alexander, “Stable recursive least squares filtering using an inverse QR decomposition,” Proc. IEEE Intern. Conf. on Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing, Albuquerque, NM, pp. 1623–1626, 1990.Google Scholar