The growth of telecommunications is expected to continue, spurred on by several factors, including the globalization of the world economy, the strong dependence of modern industry and society on telecommunications and information systems, and the public demand for access to information. Indeed, the continuous increasing demand for high information capacity systems assures the presence of fiber optical communications systems in the information era.
KeywordsMicrowave Attenuation Soliton Assure Smoke
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. C. Kao and H. G. A., “Dielectric-fiber surface waveguides for optical frequencies,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 133, pp. 191–198, June 1986. Pt. J.Google Scholar
- A. Werts, “Propagation de la lumiere coherent dans les fibre optiques,” L’Onde Electrique, vol. 46, pp. 967–980, September 1966.Google Scholar
- COBRA Institute, “Photonics in communication technologies.” Research proposal, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, July 1998.Google Scholar
- E. Mos and H. de Waardt, “Laser neural network demonstrates data switching functions,” in ICANN’98, Proceedings of the 8th international conference on artificial neural networks, vol. 2, pp. 1165–1170, Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- G. R. Hill, “A wavelength routing approach to optical communications networks,” Br. Telecom Techn. J., pp. 24–31, July 1988.Google Scholar
- H. J. Westlake et al., “Reconfigurable wavelength routed optical networks: a field demonstration,” in Proc. ECOC, 1991.Google Scholar
- K. Fukuchi, T. Kasamatsu, M. Morie, R. Ohhira, T. Ito, K. Sekiya, D. Ogasahara, and T. Ono, “10.92 Tbit/s (273 × 40Gbit/s) Triple-Band/Ultra-Dense WDM Optical-Repeteared Transmission Experiment,” in Proc. Optical Fiber Comm. Conf. (OFC2001), vol. PD, pp. 24.1–24.2, Anaheim-USA, Mar. 2001.Google Scholar
- S. Kawanishi, H. Takara, K. Uchiyama, I. Shake, and K. Mori, “3 Tbit/s (160 Gbit/s × 19 Ch) OTDM/WDM Transmission Experiments,” in Proc. Optical Fiber Comm. Conf. (OFC99), vol. PD, pp. 1.1–1.2, San Diego-USA, Feb. 1999.Google Scholar
- IEEE/OSA J. Lightwave Technol, vol. 14 of Special Issue on Multiwavelength Optical technology and Networks. IEEE/OSA, June 1996.Google Scholar
- G. Prati, ed., Photonic Networks. London: Springer, 1997.Google Scholar
- J. S. Wellen, Modelling, design and fabrication of a GaAs-based integrated photoreceiver for short distance optical communication. PhD thesis, Eidhoven University of Technology, April 1997.Google Scholar
- K. Steenbergen, High Capacity Integrated Optical Receivers. PhD thesis, Delft University of Technology, June 1997.Google Scholar
- ACTS, “Advanced photonic experimental x-connect, technical annex,” 1998.Google Scholar