Development and Implementation of an Advanced Airport Data Link Based on Multi-Carrier Communications
In this paper, both the concept and the demonstrator implementation of an advanced airport data link is described. The proposed data link is used to establish the necessary data exchange for future surface movement guidance and control systems on airports and, therefore, is designed to be a high capacity, high rate data link.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Channel Estimation Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Symbol Maximum Ratio Combine Pilot Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DLR project TARMAC, http://www.dlr.de/TARMAC.Google Scholar
- K. Fazel and L. Papke, “On the performance of convolutionally-coded CDMA/OFDM for mobile communication system,” in Proceedings IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’93), Yokohama, Japan, pp. 468–472, September 1993.Google Scholar
- S.B. Weinstein and P.M. Ebert, “Data Transmission by Frequency-Division Multiplexing Using the Discrete Fourier Transform,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. COM-19, pp. 628–634, October 1971.Google Scholar
- J.G. Proakis, Digital Communications, New York: McGraw-Hill, 3rd edition, 1995.Google Scholar
- H. Sari and G. Karam, “Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access and its Application to CATV Networks”, European Transactions on Telecommunications (ETT), vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 417–427, July/August 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Schnell, I. De Broeck, U. Sorger, “A Promising New Wideband Multiple-Access Scheme for Future Mobile Communications Systems”, European Transactions on Telecommunications (ETT), vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 507–516, November/December 1998.Google Scholar
- P.Höher and E.Haas, “Aeronautical Channel Modeling at VHF-Band,” in Proceedings IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference 1999 (VTC’99-Fall), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 1961–1966, September 1999.Google Scholar
- S. Kaiser, “Multi-Carrier CDMA Mobile Radio Systems — Analysis and Optimization of Detection, Decoding, and Channel Estimation,” VDI Fortschrittberichte, Düsseldorf: VDI-Verlag GmbH, Reihe 10, Nr. 531, January 1998.Google Scholar