Performance of Low Complex Antenna Diversity Techniques for Mobile OFDM Systems
In this paper, we investigate different antenna diversity concepts, which can be easily applied to orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) systems. The focus is on standard compatibility, i.e. this schemes can be implemented to already existing OFDM systems without changing the standards. The introduced diversity techniques are applied exemplarily to the DVB-T system. Bit error performance investigations were done by simulation for different DVB-T and diversity parameter sets.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex System Cyclic Prefix Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Symbol Maximum Ratio Combine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- John G. Proakis, Digital Communications, McGraw-Hill, 3rd edition, 1995.Google Scholar
- S. B. Weinstein and P. M. Ebert, “Data transmission by frequency division multiplexing using the discrete fourier transform,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. COM-19, no. 15, pp. 628634, October 1971.Google Scholar
- European Telecommunications Standard Institute ETSI, Radio Broadcasting Systems; Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) to mobile, portable and fixed receivers,April 2000, EN 300 401 V1.3.1.Google Scholar
- European Telecommunications Standard Institute ETSI, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television,July 1999, EN 300 744 V1.2.1.Google Scholar
- Richard van Nee, Geert Awater, Masahiro Morikura, HitoshiiTakanashi, Mark Webster, and Karen W. Halford, “New high-rate wireless LAN standards,” IEEE Communications Magazine, pp. 82–88, December 1999.Google Scholar
- Stefan Kaiser, “Spatial transmit diversity techniques for broadband OFDM systems,” in Proceedings IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2000),November 2000, pp. 1824–1828.Google Scholar
- Joint Technical Committee on Wireless Access, Final Report on RF Channel Characterization,September 1993, JTC(AIR)/93.09.23–238R2.Google Scholar
- Armin Dammann and Stefan Kaiser, “Standard conformable antenna diversity techniques for OFDM and its application to the DVB-T system,” Accepted for Publication in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2001 ), San Antonio, Texas, USA, November 2001.Google Scholar
- Armin Dammann and Stefan Kaiser, “Low complex standard conformable antenna diversity techniques for OFDM systems and its application to the DVB-T system:’ Accepted for Publication in Proceedings of the 4th International ITG Conference on Source and Channel Coding, Berlin, Germany, January 2002.Google Scholar