Performance Parameters of Gamma Cameras
The quality and detail of an image obtained by gamma cameras are affected by several parameters associated with these imaging systems. These parameters include spatial resolution, sensitivity, uniformity, and contrast, and they are described here in detail. A brief description of the quality control tests for gamma cameras is also included.
KeywordsGamma Camera Modulation Transfer Function Count Density Collimator Hole Line Spread Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bushberg JT, Seibert JA, Leidholdt EM Jr, Boone JM. The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 1994.Google Scholar
- Erickson J. Imaging systems. In: Harbert J, da Rocha AFG, ed. Textbook of Nuclear Medicine. Volume I. Basic Science. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger; 1984:105.Google Scholar
- Rollo FD. Evaluating imaging devices. In: Rollo FD, ed. Nuclear Physics, Instrumentation and Agents. St. Louis: Mosby; 1977:436.Google Scholar
- Rollo FD, Harris CC. Factors affecting image formation. In: Rollo FD, ed. Nuclear Physics, Instrumentation and Agents. St. Louis: Mosby; 1977:387.Google Scholar
- Sorensen JA, Phelps ME. Physics in Nuclear Medicine. 2nd ed. New York: Grune & Stratton; 1987, Chapter 16.Google Scholar