This chapter is special in the sense that it represents a collection of the facts from the previous chapters, which underline the internal unity of these chapters. This is a selective observation which helps us to classify general methods and objects of variational spline theory. The chapter was prepared on the basis of the paper by Bezhaev (1990).
KeywordsHilbert Space Operator Equation Variational Theory Spline Interpolation Linear Continuous Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bezhaev, A.Yu. (1984): “The traces of Dm-splines on smooth manifolds”, Preprint No. 113, 14pp. (Comp. Center Sib. Div. USSR Ac. Sci. Press, Novosibirsk) [in Russian]Google Scholar
- Bezhaev, A.Yu. (1988): “Splines on manifolds” , in Sov. J. Numer. Math. Modelling, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 287–300 (VNU Science Press, Utrecht)Google Scholar
- Bezhaev, A.Yu. (1989): “Variational vector spline-functions” , in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Numerical Methods and Applications, pp. 40–46 (Publ. House of Bulgarian Ac. Sci., Sofia)Google Scholar
- Bezhaev, A.Yu. (1990): “Methods of variational spline theory” , in Numerical methods and Mathematical Modelling, pp. 3–24 (Comp. Center Sib. Div. USSR Ac. Sci. Press, Novosibirsk) [in Russian]Google Scholar
- Cui Ming-gen, Zhang Mian, Deng Zhong-xing (1986): “Two-dimensional reproducing kernal and surface spline interpolation” , J. Comput. Math., Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 177–181Google Scholar
- Duchon, J. (1977) :“Splines minimizing rotation-invariant semi-norms in Sobolev spaces”, Lect. Notes in Math., Vol. 571, pp. 85–100 (Springer Verlag)Google Scholar
- Freeden, W. (1981): “On spherical spline interpolation and approximation” , Math. Meth. Appl. Sci., Vol. 3, pp. 551–575Google Scholar
- Gordon, W.J. (1971): “Blending function methods of bivariate and multivariate interpolation and approximation” , SIAM J. Numer. Anal., Vol. 8, pp. 158–171Google Scholar
- Wahba, G. (1981) :“Spline interpolation and smoothing on the sphere”, SIAM J. Sci. Stat. Comput. Sphere, Vol. 2, pp. 5–16Google Scholar
- Wahba, G. (1984): “Surface fitting with scattered noisy data on Euclidean D-space and on the sphere” , Rocky Mountain J. of Math., Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 281–299Google Scholar