A Semi-Infinte Optimization Approach to Optimal Spline Trajectory Planning of Mechanical Manipulators
The paper deals with the problem of optimal trajectory planning for rigid links industrial manipulators. According with actual industrial requirements, a technique for planning minimum-time spline trajectories under dynamics and kinematics constraints is proposed. More precisely, the evaluated trajectories, parametrized by means of cubic splines, have to satisfy joint torques and end-effector Cartesian velocities within given bounds. The problem solution is obtained by means of an hybrid genetic/interval algorithm for semi-infinite optimization. This algorithm provides an estimated global minimizer whose feasibility is guaranteed by the use of a deterministic interval procedure; i.e., a routine based on concepts of interval analysis. The proposed approach is tested by planning a 10 via points movement for a two link manipulator.
KeywordsInterval Procedure Joint Torque Interval Analysis Trajectory Planning Redundant Manipulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.E. Bellman and S.E. Dreyfus. Applied Dynamic Programmming, Priceton University Press, 1962.Google Scholar
- J.E. Bobrow, S. Dubowsky, and J.S. Gibson. Time-optimal control of robotic manipulators along specified paths, International Journal of Robotics Research, 4:554–561, 1985.Google Scholar
- C. Guarino Lo Bianco and A. Piazzi. Mixed H2/H∞ fixed-structure control via semi-infinite optimization. In L. Boullart, editor, In Proceedings of the 7th IFAC Symposium on Computer Aided Control Systems Design, pages 329–334, Pergamon, 1997.Google Scholar
- C. Guarino Lo Bianco and A. Piazzi. A worst-case approach to SISO mixed H2 /H ∞ control. In Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, pages 684–688, Trieste, Italy, 1998.Google Scholar
- E. Haaren-Retagne. A Semmi-Infinite Programming Algorithm for Robotic Trajectory Planning, Phd thesis, Universität Trier, Trier, Germany, 1992.Google Scholar
- O. Knüppel. PROFIL programmer’s runtime optimized fast interval library, Technical Report 93.4, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (Germany), 1993.Google Scholar
- C.-S. Lin, P.-R. Chang, and J.Y.S. Luh. Formulation and optimization of cubic polynomial joint trajectories for industrial robots, IEEE Transactions Automatic Control, AC-28:1066–1074, 1983.Google Scholar
- D.G. Luenberger. Linear and Nonlinear Programming (2nd ed.). Addison—Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- M. Mitchell. An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Schoenauer and S. Xanthakis. Constrained GA optimization. In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pages 573–580, Urbana-Champaign, USA, 1993.Google Scholar