The output stage of an operational amplifier has to provide the load impedance Z L with the desired output voltage V 0 and current I 0 , resulting in an output power P 0 = V 0 I 0 . The main requirements of the output stage are: the ability to deliver negative and positive output currents at a high current efficiency, an output voltage range that efficiently utilizes the range between the negative supply rail voltage and the positive one, a high power efficiency, a low distortion, and good high-frequency (HF) performance.
KeywordsSupply Voltage Operational Amplifier Output Stage Current Gain Voltage Follower
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [5.2]Gray, P.R., and Meyer, R.G. “Analyses and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits” John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- [5.3]Fullager, D. “A new high performance monolithic operational amplifier” Fairchild Semiconductor, Application Briefing, May 1968, (μA 741).Google Scholar
- [5.4]Nishikawa, Y., and Solomon, J.E. “A general-purpose wideband operational amplifier” IEEE ISSCC 73, Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 144, 145, 212, 213.Google Scholar
- [5.5]Data Sheet, “LH-0021 operational amplifier” National Semiconductor, April 1972.Google Scholar
- [5.6]Long, F. L. “A dual monolithic power operational amplifier” IEEE ISSCC 1973, Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 178, 179, 221.Google Scholar
- [5.7]Shade, O.H. Jr. “A new generation of MOS/Bipolar operational amplifiers” RCA review, Vol. 37, Sept. 1976, pp. 204–224.Google Scholar
- [5.8]Widlar, R.J. “Monolithic op amp with simplified frequency compensation” IEEE, Vol. 15, July 1967, pp. 58–63.Google Scholar
- [5.13]Gray, P. R. “A 15-W monolithic power operational amplifier” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-7, Dec. 1972, pp. 478–480.Google Scholar
- [5.16]Huijsing, J.H. and Linebarger, D. “Low-voltage operational amplifier with rail-to-rail input and output ranges” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-20, Dec. 1985, pp. 1144–1150.Google Scholar
- [5.20]Langen, K.J. de, and Huijsing, J.H. “Compact low-voltage power-efficient operational amplifier cells for VLSI”. Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 33, No. 10, Oct. 1998, pp.Google Scholar
- [5.21]Getreu, I. “Modelling the bipolar transistor” Tektronix, inc., Beaverton, Oregon, USA, 1976.Google Scholar
- [5.22]Langen, K.J. de, Fonderie, J., and Huijsing, J.H. “Limiting Circuits for Rail-to-Rail Output Stages of Low- Voltage Bipolar Operational Amplifiers” ISCAS 95, Seattle, Vol. 3, pp. 1728–1731.Google Scholar
- [5.23]Langen, K.J. de, Huijsing, J.H. “High-frequency and low-voltage Bipolar, BiCMOS, and CMOS operational amplifier techniques” Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1999.Sorting Out the Effects of Switzerland’s Accession to the Eu: A Simulation AnalysisGoogle Scholar