- 342 Downloads
The input stage of an Operational Amplifier has the task of sensing the differential input voltage. This process is disturbed by interference signals such as: offset, bias, drift, noise and common-mode crosstalk. The modeling of these signals has been given in Chapter 2. The level of these additive interference signals determines the useful sensitivity of the amplifier. The design of the input stage should aim at low values of these interference signals, while the current consumption should be low, and a large portion of the rail-to-rail range should be available for common-mode signals.
KeywordsInput Voltage Operational Amplifier Bipolar Transistor Input Stage Input Pair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [4.1]Datasheet “Varactor-bridge operational amplifiers” Model 310 and 311 Analog Devices, 1974.Google Scholar
- [4.2]Goldberg, E.A. “Stabilization of Wideband Amplifiers for zero and gain” RCA Revue, June 1950, pp 298.Google Scholar
- [4.4]Warner, R.M. jr. and Fordemwalt, J.N. “Integrated circuits, design principles and fabrication” Motorola Series Solid-State Electronics Mc Graw Hill Book Company, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- [4.6]Maidigne, M.A. “A high precision monolithic super beta operational amplifier” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-7, June 1972, pp 482–483.Google Scholar
- [4.8]Motchenbacher, C.D. and Fitchen, F.C. “Low-noise Electronic Design” John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- [4.9]Blauschild, R. “Differential amplifier circuit with Rail-to-Rail capability” US patent, 4,532, 479, July 30, 1985.Google Scholar
- [4.11]Hogervorst, R., Tero, J.P., Eschauzier, R.G.H., and Huijsing, J.H. “A compact Power-Efficient 3V CMOS Rail-to-Rail Input/Output Operational Amplifier for VCSI Cell Libraries” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 29, No. 12, December, 1994.Google Scholar
- [4.12]Langen, K.J. de, Hogervorst, R. and Huijsing, J.H. “Translinear Circuits in Low-Voltage Operational Amplifiers”, Analog Circuit Design, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1996, pp 357–385.Google Scholar
- [4.13]Knee, D.L. and Moore, C.E. “General-Purpose 3V CMOS Operational Amplifier with a New Constant-Transconductance Input Stage” Hewlett-Packard Journal, August 1997, pp 114–120.Google Scholar
- [4.14]Hogervorst, R., Huijsing, J.H. and Tero, J.P. “Rail-to-Rail input stages with gm -control by multiple input pairs” US Patent no. 5,561, 396, October, 1996.Google Scholar
- [4.17]Horn, G. van der and Huijsing, J.H. “Extention of the Common-Mode Range of Bipolar Input Stages beyond the Supply Rails of Operational Amplifiers and Comparators” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 28, No. 7, July 1993.Google Scholar