Holomorphic Spaces Related to Orthogonal Polynomials and Analytic Continuation of Functions
We prove three analytic continuation criteria for functions defined on the whole real line, positive half-line and a finite interval. The extended functions belong to certain reproducing kernel holomorphic spaces. The distinctive feature of our theorems is that no smoothness properties of functions to be extended are assumed in the hypotheses. Incidentally, new orthogonality properties of the Hermite and Laguerre polynomials and necessary and sufficient conditions for square summability with geometric weight θ k of the coefficients in these polynomials are proved.
KeywordsEntire Function Analytic Continuation Orthogonal Polynomial Hermite Polynomial Laguerre Polynomial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bateman Manuscript Project, Higher transcendental functions, Volume 2, (edited by A. Erdelyi ), McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., New York, 1953.Google Scholar
- D-W. Byun,Inversions of Hermite Semigroup,Proc. Amer. Math Soc. 118:2, pp. 437–445, 1993.Google Scholar
- D. Karp, Spaces of analytic functions with hypergeometric reproducing kernels and expansions in orthogonal polynomials Proceedings of the Far Eastern Mathematics School-Seminar named after Academician E. V. Zolotov, pp. 42–44, Vladivostok, August 26 - September 2, 1999.Google Scholar
- D. Karp, A class of Holomorphic Pontryagin Spaces and Expansions in Orthogonal Polynomials,preprint, available at http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/math.CV/9908129.Google Scholar
- S. Saitoh, Theory of reproducing kernels and its applications, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series 189, Longman Scientific and Technical, England, 1988.Google Scholar
- S. Saitoh, Integral transforms, reproducing kernels and their applications, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series 369, Addison Wesley Longman, Harlow, 1997.Google Scholar
- V. I. Smirnov and N. A. Lebedev, Constructive theory of functions of a complex variable, Nauka, Moscow, 1964 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- G. Szegö, Orthogonal polynomials, AMS Colloquium Publications 23, 8th printing, 1991.Google Scholar