Support to the Multiattribute Decision Process
Multicriteria siting choice and particularly siting waste disposal facilities are very difficult decisions. This book reviewed some of the approaches used across the world to help make these difficult decisions on the basis of more thorough consideration of inevitably conflicting criteria and of inevitably conflicting groups. Four representative applications were presented, and the decision processes as well as group interactions involved were discussed.
KeywordsGeographic Information System Yamal Peninsula Multiattribute Utility Multiple Criterion Analysis Multiattribute Decision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Armistead, T.E., Yucca Mountain boring begins. Engineering News Record, vol. 240, no. 16, 1998, 16.Google Scholar
- Arrow, K.J., Rational choice functions and orderings. Economics vol. 26, 1959,121–127.Google Scholar
- Berkeley, D., Humphreys, P., Larichev, O., and Moshkovich, H. Aiding strategic decision making: Derivation and development of ASTRIDA. In Y. Vecsenyi and H. Sol, eds., Environment for Supporting Decision Processes, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1991.Google Scholar
- Keeney, R.L. Value-Focused Thinking: A Path to Creative Decisionmaking, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- Olson, D.L. Multiobjective programming as a means of generating decisions. Research in Public Policy Analysis and Management, JAI Press, vol., 6, 1995, 273–290.Google Scholar
- Preston, M., Locals disagree on nuclear dump. American City & County, vol., 114, no. 2,1999, 12.Google Scholar
- Schuler, J.F., Jr., Nuclear waste’s slow boil. Public Utilities Fortnightly, vol. 137, no. 11, 1999, 34–37.Google Scholar
- Sen, A. Choice, Welfare, and Measurement, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1997.Google Scholar