Uniqueness of Continuation Theorems
Part of the International Society for Analysis, Applications and Computation book series (ISAA, volume 5)
We prove a sharp uniqueness of continuation result for two classical systems of partial differential equations. The proof is based on a special Carleman type estimate developed by Tataru.
KeywordsDifferential Operator Level Surface Principal Part Partial Differential Operator Principal Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. B. Conway Functions of one complex variable Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1973Google Scholar
- D. Gilbarg, N. Trudinger Elliptic partial differential equations of second order Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1983Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander Linear partial differential operators Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1966Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander, The analysis of linear partial differential operators I-IV Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1983Google Scholar
- R. Leis, Initial boundary value problems in mathematical physics Wiley, New York 1986Google Scholar
- M. Renardy, R. Rogers An introduction to partial differential equations Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1993Google Scholar
- M. Yamamoto On an inverse problem of determining source terms in Maxwell’s equations with a single measurement preprint, 1997Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2000