A Branch-and-Bound Procedure for the Largest Clique in a Graph
We describe an algorithm for computing upper and lower bounds on the size of the largest clique in a graph. This algorithm is then incorporated in a branch-and-bound procedure for determining the largest clique exactly.
KeywordsAdjacency Matrix Cholesky Factorization Maximum Clique Problem Large Clique Constant Weight Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. W. Carter, G. Laporte, J.W. Chinneck, “A general examination scheduling system”, Interfaces, Vol. 24, No. 3, 1994, pp. 109–120.Google Scholar
- A.E. Brouwer, J. B. Shearer, N.J.A. Sloane, and W.D. Smith, “A new table of constant weight codes”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 36, 1990, pp. 1334–1380.Google Scholar
- T.S. Motskin and E.G. Strauss, “Maxima for graphs and a new proof of a theorem of Turan”, Canadian Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 17, No. 4, 1965, pp. 533–540.Google Scholar
- L.E. Gibbons, D.W. Hearn, P.M. Pardalos, and M.V. Ramana, “Continuous characterization of the maximum clique problem”, Mathematics of Operations Research, Vol 22, No. 3, 1997, pp. 754–768.Google Scholar
- L.E. Gibbons, D.W. Hearn, and P.M. Pardalos, “A continuous based heuristic for the maximum clique problem”, DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 26, 1996, pp. 103–124.Google Scholar