RF Modelling and characterisation of SOI and bulk MOSFET’s
Shrinking device dimensions and ever higher working frequencies are creating a strong demand for sophisticated models and characterisation methods. New S-parameters de-embedding strategies allow a finer analysis of the measurement results and a more detailled device modelling.
KeywordsReference Plane Tinuous Line Front Gate MOSFET Model Calibration Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. J. van Wijnen, H. R. Claessen, and E. A. Wolsheimer, “A new straightforward calibration and correction procedure for on-wafer high frequency S-parameters measurements (45 MHz–18 GHz),” in IEEE 1987 Bipolar Circuits and Technology Meeting, 1987.Google Scholar
- A. Fraser, R. Gleason, and E. W. Strid, “GHz on-silicon-wafer probing calibration methods,” in IEEE 1988 Bipolar Circuits and Technology Meeting, 1988.Google Scholar
- D. F. Williams and R. B. Marks, “Reciprocity relations in waveguide junctions,” IEEE Microwave and Guided Waves Letters, vol. 41, pp. 1105–1110, June 1993.Google Scholar
- J.-P. Raskin, R. Gillon, J. Chen, D. Vanhoenacker, and J.-P. Colinge, “Accurate SOI MOSFET characterization at microwave frequencies for device performance optimisation and analogue modelling,” IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, May 1998.Google Scholar
- M. Bagheri and Y. Tsividis, “A small-signal dc-to-highfrequency nonquasistatic model for the four terminal MOSFET valid in all regions of operation,” IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, vol. 32, pp. 2383–2391, nov 1985.Google Scholar
- H.-J. Park, R K. Ko, and C. Hu, “A charge conserving nonquasistatic MOSFET model for SPICE transient analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Computer Aided Design, vol. 10, pp. 629–642, may 1991.Google Scholar
- R. Gillon, J.-R Raskin, D. Vanhoenacker, J.-R Colinge, and G. Dambrine, “Characterisation of soi mosfets at microwave frequencies,” in Proceedings of the 8th Int. Symp. on SOI Technology and Devices (S. Cristoloveanu, ed.), vol. 97–23, (Paris), pp. 149–154, Electrochemical Society, Inc., Aug. 31- Sep. 5 1997.Google Scholar
- R. Gillon, Modelling and Characterisation of the SOI MOSFET for MMIC applications. PhD thesis, Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, june 1998. <ftp://email@example.com/Pub/Incoming/RGPublic/Thesis>.Google Scholar
- E. Dubois and E. Robilliart, “Efficient non-quasi-static MOSFET’s model for circuit simulation,” in Proceedings of the IEDM ‘85, pp. 945–948, 1995.Google Scholar