Calibration using Digital Signal Processing
It is not the aim of this chapter to investigate or discuss all the possible digital forms of sensor calibration techniques, but rather to demonstrate the feasibility of the progressive polynomial calibration method proposed in chapter 3.
KeywordsDigital Signal Processing Error Surface Sensor Output Calibration Coefficient Calibration Step
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.E. Brignell, “Software techniques for sensor compensation”, Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 25–27, 1991, pp. 29–35.Google Scholar
- D. Patranabis and D. Gosh, “A novel software-based transducer linearizer”, IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 36, No. 6, December 1989.Google Scholar
- S. Huang, R.Z. Morawski, and A. Barwicz, “Static calibration based on superposition of splines in one variable”, Proceedings IMTC’96, June 1996, pp. 49–53.Google Scholar
- W.T. Bolk, “A general digital linearising method for transducers”, Journal of Physics, Vol. E: Scientific Instrumentation, 1985, pp. 61–64.Google Scholar
- P.N. Mahana and F.N. Trofimenkoff, “Transducer output signal processing using an eight-bit microcomputer”, IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.IM-35, No. 2, June 1986, pp. 182–186.Google Scholar
- C. Berthoud, M. Ansorge, and F. Pellandini, “Effective static response compensation suitable for low-power ASIC implementation with an application to pressure sensors”, Proceedings IMTC’96, June 1996, pp. 1168–1173.Google Scholar
- K.F. Lyahou, G. v.d. Horn, and J.H. Huijsing, “A non-iterative polynomial 2-dimensional calibration method implemented in a microcontroller”, Proceedings IMTC’96, June 1996, pp. 62–67.Google Scholar
- G. v.d. Horn, K.F. Lyahou, and J.H. Huijsing, “Calibration and linearization method for microcontroller-based sensor systems”, Journal on Measurement + Control, Vol. 29, No. 9, November 1996.Google Scholar
- G. v.d. Horn and J.H. Huijsing, “Integrated smart sensor calibration”, J. Integrated Analog Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 14, No. 3, November 1997.Google Scholar