Steven Vajda, 1901 – 1995
It is a gift of grace to enjoy a long life without suffering the physical horrors of old age and even more so to preserve both a warm heart and a brilliant mind to the end. Those gifts were granted to Professor Steven Vajda who passed away after a short illness on the 10th December 1995.
KeywordsMathematical Program Operational Research Society Mathematical Program Society Silver Medal Compulsory Military Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bather, J., “An interview with Steven Vajda”, OR Newsletter, January 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.Krarup, J., and S. Vajda (1996a), “On Torricelli’s geometrical solution to a problem of Fermat” to appear in (Powell and Williams, 1996 ).Google Scholar
- 4.Krarup, J., and S. Vajda (1996b), “Visualizing duality”,submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 5.Powell, S., and H. P. Williams, Eds. (1996), Special Edition of Journal of Mathematics in Business and Industry: Duality: In celebration of work of S. Vajda.Google Scholar
- 6.Shutler, M. F. (1995), “Steven Vajda”, citation for the Companionship of ORS, to appear in (Powell and Williams, 1996 ).Google Scholar
- 7.Simon, R., “Founding father of British LP is honoured. Celebration of Steven Vajda’s work”, OR Newsletter, April 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.Vajda, S., Theory of Games and Linear Programming, Methuen, 1956.Google Scholar
- 9.Vajda, S., Mathematical Programming, Addison-Wesley, 1961.Google Scholar