Image operations play an important role in computer graphics. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, in this chapter we will suppose that a digital image is given by its matrix representation. We’ll illustrate certain operations using one-dimensional signals instead of images; this allows a better understanding of the two-dimensional case. You can always think of a one-dimensional signal as the restriction of an image to a single scanline (row of its matrix representation).
KeywordsOriginal Image Point Spread Function Gaussian Filter Impulse Response Function Mathematical Morphology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adelson, E. H., Anderson, C. H., Bergen, J. R., Burt, P. J., and Ogden, J. M. (1984). Pyramid methods in image processing. RCA Engineer, 29 (6).Google Scholar
- Burt, P. J. and Adelson, E. H. (1983). The laplacian pyramid as a compact image code. IEEE Trans. Commun., 532–540.Google Scholar
- Cook, R. L. and Torrance, K. E. (1981). A reflectance model for computer graphics. Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH ‘81 Proceedings),15(3):307316.Google Scholar
- Daubechies, I. (1992). Ten Lectures on Wavelets. Number 61 in CBMS-NSF Series in Applied Mathematics. SIAM Publications, Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Jahne, B. (1993). Digital Image Processing: Concepts, Algorithms and Scientific Applications, second ed. Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Lim, J. S. (1990). Two-Dimensional Signal and Image Processing. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.Google Scholar
- Meyer, Y (1989). Wavelets Algorithms and Applications. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics ( SIAM ), Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Pavlidis, T. (1982). Algorithms for Graphics and Image Processing Computer Science Press, Rockville, MD.Google Scholar
- Russ, J. C. (1989). The Image Processing Handbook. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.Google Scholar
- Serra, J. P. (1988). Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology: Theoretical Advances. Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Wolberg, G. (1990). Digital Image Warping. IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington, DC.Google Scholar