Part of the Statistics and Computing book series (SCO)
Distributions and Data Summaries
In this chapter we cover a number of topics from classical univariate statistics. Many of the functions used are S-PLUS extensions to S.
KeywordsData Summary Bootstrap Distribution Permutation Method Permutation Distribution Eruption Duration
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.gamma has an additional parameter rate in S-PLUS 4.0.Google Scholar
- 2.The special treatment of xo is governed by the switch include . lowest which defaults to T .Google Scholar
- 3.established by plotting; Härdle (1991) and Scott (1992) have a different cosine kernel (π/4) cos(πx/2)I(∣x∣ ≤ 1) .Google Scholar
- 4.which uses FORTRAN code.Google Scholar
- 5.which also uses FORTRAN.Google Scholar
- 6.We are grateful to Bill Dunlap of MathSoft DAPD for his suggestions for this problem.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1997