Late Cenozoic Freshwater Mollusks of the Wembere-Manonga Formation, Manonga Valley, Tanzania
The fossil freshwater mollusks described and analyzed in this chapter were collected by members of the Wembere-Manonga Paleontological Expedition (WMPE) in the Manonga Valley during the 1992 and 1994 field seasons. The following list summarizes basic information about the seven localities from which fossil mollusks were obtained. The abbreviations in parentheses are those used in Table I.
KeywordsClay Mold Calcite Recrystallization Lime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, D. S., 1994, Freshwater Snails of Africa and their Medical Importance, 2nd Edition, Taylor & Francis, London.Google Scholar
- Mandahl-Barth, G., 1988, Studies on African Freshwater Bivalves, Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark.Google Scholar
- Gautier, A., and Van Damme, D., 1973, A revision of the Miocene freshwater molluscs of the Mohari Formation, Ann. Mus. R. Afr. Centr. 75:36–72.Google Scholar
- Pickford, M., Semit, B., and Hadoto, D., 1993, Geology and Paleobiology of the Albertine Rift Valley, Uganda-Zaire, Vol. 1: Geology, CIFEG Occ. Publ. 24, pp. 1–190.Google Scholar
- Van Damme, D., 1984, The Freshwater Mollusca of Northern Africa. Distribution, Biogeography and Palaeoecology, W. Junk, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.Google Scholar