A recent study has been carried out to determine the current production and uses for straw. This was conducted by the largest straw contracting and merchanting organisation in the country and funded by the Department of Trade and Industry through the New and Renewable Energy Programme managed by the Energy Technology Support Unit, ETSU (Anon, 1995a)
KeywordsBurning Straw Dairy Total Electricity Generate Capacity Renewable Electricity Generate High Sulphur Coal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anonymous (1991) “Straw Ash Characteristics - ETSU B1242, Babcock Energy Ltd.Google Scholar
- Anonymous (1994) “The Analysis of Straw - ETSU B/M3/00388/39/REP, ADASGoogle Scholar
- Anonymous (1995a) “Non- Energy Markets for Straw.” ETSU Report B/M4/00487/16/REP, Northern StrawGoogle Scholar
- Anonymous (1995b) Energy and Carbon Analysis of Using Straw as a Fuel - ETSU B/M4/00487/01 /REPGoogle Scholar
- These references are available from the Renewable Energy Enquiries Bureau, ETSU, Harwell, Oxfordshire, OX 11 ORA, UK; Tel. +44 (0)1235 432450; Fax. +44 (0)1235 433066Google Scholar