Design of a Silicon Bipolar Track&Hold IC for 1GSample/s and 10 bit Linearity over the full Nyquist Band
This chapter discusses the design of a silicon bipolar Track&Hold IC achieving a linearity of 10 effective bits over the full Nyquist band for sampling frequencies up to 1 GSample/s. Suitable circuit techniques which were implemented to assure this performance will be presented in detail, as well as the simulation techniques that were applied throughout the design process. We will complete this chapter with a presentation of the measurement setup and the measured performance characteristics.
KeywordsAttenuation GaAs Assure Beach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Karanicolas, “A 2.7V 300Msample/s Track-and-Hold Amplifier”, ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 134–135, 1997Google Scholar
- Fiocchi et al., “A 10b 250 MHz BiCMOS Track and Hold”, ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 144–145, 1997Google Scholar
- Rohmer et al., “An 800 MSps Track and Hold Using a 0.3 μm AIGaAsHEMT Technology”, IEEE GaAs IC Symposium, Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 236 ff., 1994Google Scholar
- Poulton et al., “A 6-bit, 4 GSa/s ADC Fabricated in a GaAs HBT Process”, IEEE GaAs IC Symposium, Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 240 ff. 1994Google Scholar
- B. Prégardier, U. Langmann, W.J. Hillery, “A 1 GSample/s 8b Silicon Bipolar Track & Hold IC”, ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 58–59, 1995Google Scholar
- R.A. Blauschild, “ A 8b 5Ons Monolithic A/D Converter with Internal S/H”, ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 178–179, 1983Google Scholar
- T. Röwekamp, “Simulation eines Abtsathaltegliedes als Schlüsselkomponente bipolarer Umsetzsysteme”; Diploma Thesis, RuhrUniversity Bochum, 1990Google Scholar
- T. Baumheinrich, B. Prégardier, U. Langmann, “A 1 GSample/s 10b Full Nyquist Silicon Bipolar Track & Hold IC”, to be published in IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, December 1997Google Scholar