Correlation of Physical Working-Capacity with Morphofunctional Characteristics in Boys Aged 9–15
In the past there have been a number of publications which examined the results of studying the interrelations between physical work-capacity and functional characteristics of athletes. The purpose of studying the correlations was on the scientific grounds of the mechanisms of co-ordination of motor and vegetative functions by the stability of intraand inter-systemic correlations, as well as revealing the most informative functional characteristics for the evaluation and prognosis of physical work-capacity, fitness and functional readiness. In this paper we show the existence of reliable correlations between the frequency of movements, the power of physical work and heart rate, the frequency of respiratory movements, oxygen consumption, body mass and length, arterial blood pressure, the amplitude characteristics of EEG rhythms and indices reflecting the functional state of muscles (Falaleev, 1988, 1991; Falaleev at al., 1989, 1990).
KeywordsVegetative Function Young Athlete Preparatory Period Deep Breath Sport School
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Falaleev, A., 1988, Correlation of motor and vegetative functions by physical exercises, Physiology of man 14: 263–271.Google Scholar
- Falaleev, A., 1991, General regularities of the reconstruction of intrafunctional correlations in human organism by the adaptation to physical exercises. In: Intrafunctional interrelations by the adaptation of an organism to sporting activity. L., Res. Inst. of Phys. Cul. :4–11.Google Scholar
- Falaleev, A., Maslova, I., Tcherenina, S., Drychkin, A., 1989, General conformity with a law interfunctional relationship between locomotory and cardiorespiratory parameters in during of bicycle ergometers tests, Abstracts of XXXIth International Congress of physiological sciences, Helsinki, Finland, July 9–14 : 431.Google Scholar
- Falaleev, A., Tcherenina, S., Maslova, I., Kuzemsky, V., 1990, The relationship of physiological characteristics of maximum short-term and prolonged of physical loads at rowing, Abstracts of the XXIV First World Congress of sports medicine, Amsterdam, May 21 — June 1: l66.Google Scholar
- Klimova-Tcherkasova, V., 1972, Interstructural tonic interaction in regulation. In: Evolution, ecology and brain, Edited by N. Vasilevsky, L., Medicina : 121–138.Google Scholar
- Tanner, Dj., 1979, Growth and constitution of man. In: Human biology, M., Mir : 366–471.Google Scholar
- Zymkin, N., 1963, On some physiological mechanisms of motor skills in sport, In: Sensomotory and motor skill in sport, L.: 5–26.Google Scholar