Another Look at Large Sets of Steiner Triple Systems
If v = 1 or 3 mod 6 and v > 7, then there exists a large set of Steiner triple systems of order v, LS (STS (v)).
extension of a large set of STS (v) to a large set of STS (3v) by using idempotent commutative quasigroups;
extension of a large set of STS (v)to a large set of STS (2v + 1) by using good one-factorizations;
special constructions to fill in the remaining cases.
KeywordsTriple System Counting Argument Steiner Triple System Balance Incomplete Block Design Transversal Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Cayley, On the triadic arrangements of seven and fifteen things, Lon-don, Edinburgh & Dublin Phil. Mag. J. Sci. 37 (1850), 50–53Google Scholar
- Thomas P. Kirkman, On a problem in combinations, Cambridge and Dublin Math. J. 2 (1847), 191–204.Google Scholar
- Lu Jia-Xi, On large sets of disjoint Steiner triple systems VII, unfinished manuscript.Google Scholar
- Martin J. Sharry, Large and overlarge sets of block designs, Ph. D. thesis, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia, 1992.Google Scholar
- Anne Penfold Street and Deborah J. Street, Combinatorics of Experimental Design, Clarendon Press, Oxford, New York (1987).Google Scholar