Structure: Providing Transition, Depth, and Emphasis
Structure is not just the organization of details. Although organizing details in a document is certainly important, many well-organized documents fail to inform because the writer has not made strong transitions between the details or has not presented the details at the proper depth or has not placed the proper emphasis on the details.
KeywordsCombustion Fatigue Welding Carbohydrate Steam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Felder, Richard M., and James E. Stice, National Effective Teaching Institute (Toledo, Ohio: Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, 1992), p. 107.Google Scholar
- Foster, L., Mountaineering Basics (San Diego: Sierra Club and Avant Books, 1983).Google Scholar
- Heath, D. H., and D. R. Williams, Life at High Altitude (London: Edward Arnold (Publishers) Limited, 1979).Google Scholar
- Lobenhoffer, H. P., R. A. Zink, and W. Brendel, “High Altitude Pulmonary Edema: Analysis of 166 Cases,” High Altitude Physiology and Medicine, ed. by W. Brendel and R. Zink (New York: Springer-Verlag, 1982), pp. 219–231.Google Scholar
- Radiation and Health Effects: A Report on the TMI-2 Accident and Related Health Studies, 2nd edition (Middletown, PA: GPU Nuclear Corporation, 1986), p. 1–1.Google Scholar
- Reinhardt, W. G., and B. Groeneveld, “Phaseout of Chlorofluorocar-bons Means Jobs, Gyrations for Builders,” Engineering News Report, vol. 222 (June 8,1989), pp. 8–10.Google Scholar
- Reitz, K., “CFCs for Water Chillers,” Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning, vol. 62, no. 4 (April 1990), pp. 57–61.Google Scholar
- Report of the Presidential Commission on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident, vol. 1 (Washington, DC: White House Press, 1986), p. 139.Google Scholar
- Report of the Warren Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy, New York Times Ed. (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1964), pp. 23–24.Google Scholar
- Saathoff, Karl, “The Dangers of Breathing Compressed Air While Scuba Diving” Undergraduate Engineering Review (Austin, Texas: University of Texas, 1991).Google Scholar
- Smith, M., “Avoiding High Altitude Illnesses,” Undergraduate Engineering Review (Austin, Texas: University of Texas, 1993).Google Scholar
- Ward, M., J. S. Milledge, and J. B. West, High Altitude Medicine and Physiology (Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 1989).Google Scholar