With this chapter we start the coverage of how these oils and fats are used in edible food products. This chapter will be devoted to deep fat frying with the emphasis on the basic principles involved in this method of cooking. Chapters 8 through 12 will include such topics as griddling, pan frying, salad oil, cooking oil, baking, doughnut technology, and some large commercial uses for food fats and oils.
KeywordsPotato Chip Frying Temperature Onion Ring Food Processing Plant Frying Operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Swern, D. 1979. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, 3rd ed. New York: WileyInterscience, p. 372.Google Scholar
- 2.Brooks, D. 1991. Inform, 2(12) 1091.Google Scholar
- 3.Applewhite, T. 1985. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, Vol. 3, New York: Wiley-Interscience p. 114.Google Scholar
- 4.Applewhite, T. 1985. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, Vol. 3, New York: Wiley-Interscience, p. 114.Google Scholar
- 5.Lawson, H. 1970. Fats and Oils for Poultry Processors. Chicago, IL: Institute of American Poultry Seminar on Quality Standards.Google Scholar
- Varela, G., Bender, A., and Morton, I. 1988. Frying of Food: Principles, Changes, New Approaches. Chichester, England: Harwood.Google Scholar