Variable Structure, Bilinear and Intelligent Control with Power System Application
A brief background on variable-structure and bilinear systems relates this research to the first U.S.-Italy seminar on this topic. Sliding-mode control of a flexible ac transmission system (FACTS) is analyzed and shown to be quite effective for a simplified single-machine infinite-but model (SMIB). For cases where system complexities may cause robustness problems, a bilinear self-tuning control and a neural-network based control are introduced.
KeywordsPower System Recursive Little Square Bilinear System Bilinear Model Variable Structure Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.V. Emelyanov, Theory of variable structure systems, Science Press, Moscow, 1970.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler, Optimal control of nuclear reactor processes, Los Alamos Sci. Lab. Rept. LA-3257-MS, Los Alamos, NM, 1965.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler and C.N. Shen, Optimal control of nuclear reactors, Academic Press, New York, 1970.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler, Bilinear control processes, Academic Press, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler and A. Ruberti, eds., Theory and applications of variable structure systems, Academic Press, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- A. Ruberti and R.R. Mohler, eds., Variable structure systems with application to biology and economics, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1975.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler and A. Ruberti, eds., Recent developments on variable structure systems, biology and economics, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- R.R. Mohler, Nonlinear systems: Vol. II Application to bilinear control, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1991.Google Scholar
- DA. Pierre, Perspectives on adaptive control of power systems, IEEE Trans. PS 2 (1987), 387–396.Google Scholar
- DJ. Trudnowski, DA. Pierre, J.R. Smith, and R. Adys, Coordination of multiple adaptive PSS units using a decentralized control scheme,IEEE Summer Power Meeting, San Diego, 1991 (to appear in Trans. PS).Google Scholar
- Y. Wang, R.R. Mohler, R. Spée, and W. Mittelstadt, Variable structure controllers for power system transient stability,IEEE Summer Power Meeting, San Diego, 1991 (to appear in Trans. PS).Google Scholar
- G.C. Goodwin and KS. Sin, Adaptive filtering prediction and control, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1984.Google Scholar