Robust Stabilization and Disturbance Rejection for Uncertain Systems by Decentralized Control
This paper develops a decentralized control design which provides robust H ∞ disturbance rejection for a plant with structured uncertainty in a bounded admissible set. The design consists of an observer in each control channel, which includes estimates of the controls generated in the other channels and of the worst disturbance as determined by a state-feedback H ∞ solution. The observer gains are computed from a positive-definite solution of a Riccati-like algebraic equation. A convexity property of a matrix Riccati function is used to compute for the closed-loop system an H ∞-norm bound smaller than the predetermined bound, and to find an enlarged admissible set of plant uncertainities.
KeywordsNone None Disturbance Rejection Algebraic Riccati Equation Observer Gain Decentralize Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. J. Davison. The decentralized control of large scale systems, pages 61–91. Volume 1, JAI Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- S. H. Wang and E. J. Davison. On the stabilization of decentralized control systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-18(5): 473–478, October 1973.Google Scholar
- W. Yan and R. R. Bitmead. Decentralized control of multi-channel systems with direct control feedthrough. Int. J. Control,49(6):20572075, August 1989.Google Scholar
- E. J. Davison. The robust decentralized control of a general servomechanism problem. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-21(1): 14–24, February 1976.Google Scholar
- E. J. Davison. The robust decentralized control of a servomechanism problem with input-output connections. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-23(2): 325–327, April 1979.Google Scholar
- M. Ikeda and D. D. Siljak. Generalized decompositions of dynamic systems and vector Lyapunov functions. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-26(5): 1118–1125, October 1981.Google Scholar
- D. D. Siljak and M. B. Vukcevié. Decentralization, stabilization, and estimation of large-scale linear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-21: 363–366, June 1976.Google Scholar
- J. C. Doyle, K. Glover, P. P. Khargonekar, and B. Francis. State-space solutions to standard H2 and H oo control problems. In Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pages 1691–1696, Atlanta, GA, 1988.Google Scholar
- R. J. Veillette, J. V. Medanie, and W. R. Perkins. Robust stabilization and disturbance rejection for systems with structured uncertainty. To appear in the Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Decision and Control, (Tampa, FL), December 1989.Google Scholar
- S. Weiland. Linear quadratic games, H oo and the Riccati equation. In Proceedings of the Workshop on the Riccati Equation in Control, Systems, and Signals, pages 156–159, Como, Italy, June 26–28, 1989.Google Scholar
- P P Khargonekar, I. R. Petersen, and K. Zhou. Feedback stabilization of uncertain systems. In Proceedings of the 26th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computation, pages 88–95, Monticello, IL, 1988.Google Scholar
- R. J. Veillette and J. V. Medanié. An algebraic Riccati inequality and H,-norm bounds for stable systems. In Proceedings of the Workshop on the Riccati Equation in Control, Systems, and Signals, pages 63–68, Como, Italy, June 26–28, 1989.Google Scholar