Scientific Advice for Management of Northeast Atlantic Fisheries
This paper presents a brief review of the postwar developments in the provision and application of scientific information and advice on the management of the northeast Atlantic fisheries, It traces the activities of the international fishery management body in the region, the Northeast Atlantic Fisheries Commission and those of the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea in supplying it with scientific information and advice. The main scientific concepts and objectives forming the basis of the scientific advice are also outlined.
KeywordsFishery Management Scientific Advice Fishery Scientist European Economic Community International Council
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ANDERSEN, K.P. and E. URSIN. 1977. A multispeeies extension to the Beverton and Holt theory of fishing with aecounts of phosphorous circulation and primary production. Meddr. Danm.Fisk- og Havunders. 7, 319–435.Google Scholar
- ANONYMOUS. 1977. Report of the ad hoc meeting on the provision of advice on the biologica1 basis for fisheries management. Coop. Res. Rep. Cons. int. Explor. Mer, 62, 1–16.Google Scholar
- ANONYMOUS. 1984. Reports of the ad hoc Working Group on the Use of Effort Data in Assessments and of tbe Working Group on Methods of Fish Stock Assessments. Coop. Res. Rep. Cons. int. Explor. Mer. 129, 1–133.Google Scholar
- ANONYMOUS. 1985. Report of the Working Group on Methods of Fish Stock Assessment. Coop. Res. Rep. Cons. int. Explor. Mer. 133, 1–56.Google Scholar
- ANONYMOUS. 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1988. Reports of Dialogue Meetings. Coop. Res. Rep. Cons. int. Explor. Mer. 106, 113, 122, 139, 158.Google Scholar
- BEVERTON, R. J. A. and S. J. HOLT. 1957. On the dynamics of exploited fish populations. Fish. lnvest. London. Ser. 2, 19.Google Scholar
- CUSHING, D.H. 1973. Dependence of recruitment on parent stock. J. Fish. Res. Bd. Can. 30, 1965–1976.Google Scholar
- DRAGERSUND, O. J. HAMRE, and o. ULLTANG. 1980. Biology and population dynamics of the Norwegian spring spawning herring. Rapp. P-v. Reun. Cons. int. Explor. Mer. 177, 43–71.Google Scholar
- SAVILLE, A. and R. A. BAILEY. 1980. The assessment and management of the herring stocks in the North Sea and to the west of Scotland. Rapp. P-v. Reun. Cons. int. Explor. Mer. 177, 112–142.Google Scholar
- SCHAEFER, M. B. 1954. Some aspects of the dynamics of populations important to the management of the commercial marine fisheries. Bull. Inter. Amer. Trop. Tuna Comm. 1,26, 56.Google Scholar