It should come as no surprise that critical discoveries regarding the epidemiology and patterns of disease have been made by family physicians who have correlated knowledge of the inner workings of the Community with a keen ability of Observation and meticulous record keeping to provide original scientific contribution.
KeywordsHerpes Simplex Respiratory Syncytial Virus Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Carrier State Rheumatic Fever
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pickles W. Epidemiology in country practice. Bristol: John Wright and Sons, 1939Google Scholar
- 2.Garcia de Olarte D, Trujillo H, Agudelo N, Nelson JD, Haltalin KC. Treatment of diarrhea in malnourished infants and children. A double-blind study comparing ampicillin and placebo. Am Dis Child 1971; 127: 379–88.Google Scholar
- 3.Braude AI, Davis CE, Fierer J (eds). Infectious diseases and medical microbiology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, Co., 1986; 403.Google Scholar
- 4.Schindler BA. Stress, affective disorders and immune function. Med Clin North Am 1965; 69: 3.Google Scholar
- 9.Management of Pharyngitis in an era of declining rheumatic fever. Report of the Eighty-sixth Ross Conference on Pediatric Research. Ross Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 43216, 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.Goldstein LC, Tarn MR. Monoclonal antibodies for diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases; symposium on nucleic acid probes and monoclonal antibodies. Clin Lab Med 1985; 5: 3.Google Scholar
- 15.McCormack WM, Stumacher RJ, Johnson K. Clinical spectrum of gonococcal infections in women. Lancet 1977; 1.: 1182.Google Scholar
- 19.Red Book“, Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases 20th Ed. 1986, p 73; American Academy of PediatricsGoogle Scholar
- 21.Braude AI, Davis CE, Fierer J (eds). Infectious diseases and medical microbiology. WB Saunders, 1986; 507–13.Google Scholar
- 22.Update: Influenza activity. Morbid Mortal Wk Rep November 7, 1986; 35: 44.Google Scholar
- 26.Shulman ST, Amren DP, Bisno AL, et al. Prevention of bacterial endocarditis. A Statement for health Professionals by the Committee on Rheumatic Fever and Infective Endocarditis of the Council of Cardiovascular Disease in the Young. Circulation 1984; 70: 6.Google Scholar
- 27.Red Book“, Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases 20th Ed. 1986, p 243; American Academy of Pediatrics.Google Scholar