Our last major result will be counting the periodic points in a hyperbolic set with local product structure; we will carry this out using the important technique of symbolic dynamics.
KeywordsZeta Function Periodic Point Global Stability Unstable Manifold Finite Type
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [10.1]Adler, R. and Weiss. B., Similarity of automorphisms of the torus, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 98 (1970).Google Scholar
- [10.2]Artin, M. and Mazur, B., On periodic points, Ann. of Math. 81 (1965), 82.Google Scholar
- [10.3]Bowen, R. Markov partitions and minimal sets for Axiom A diffeomorphisms, Amer. J. Math. 92 (1970), 907.Google Scholar
- [10.4]Bowen, R. and Landford, O. III. Zeta functions of restrictions of the shift map, in Global Analysis, Vol XIV (Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics), American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1970, p. 43.Google Scholar
- [10.6]Franks, J. Morse inequalities for zeta functions, Ann. of Math. 102 (1975), 143.Google Scholar
- [10.7]Franks, J., A reduced zeta function for diffeomorphisms, Ann. of Math. 100 (1978).Google Scholar
- [10.8]Fried, D., Rationality for Isolated Expansive Sets, Preprint, 1983.Google Scholar
- [10.12]Sinai, J. Markov partitions and C diffeomorphisms, Functional Anal. Appl. 2 (1968), 64.Google Scholar
- [10.15]Williams, R., The zeta function of an attractor, Conference on the Topology of Manifolds (Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan), PrindleWeber and Schmidt, Boston, Mass., 1968, p. 155.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1987