Carbon Isotope Measurements in Baseline Air, Forest Canopy Air, and Plants
This chapter reviews recent experimental results from a variety of Australian programs, each having potential relevance to the direct or proxy measurement of atmospheric 13C/12C variation, in particular the global variation resulting from the combustion of isotopically light carbonaceous material in fossil fuel.
KeywordsCarbon Isotope Tree Ring Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Carbon Isotope Discrimination Australian Government Publishing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baseline 1979–1980. 1983. Department of Science and Technology, Australian Government Publishing Service.Google Scholar
- Farquhar, G. D., M. C. Ball, S. Von Caemmerer, and Z. Roksandic. 1982a. Effect of salinity and humidity on 813C value of halophytes—evidence for diffusional isotope fractionation determined by the ratio of intercellular/atmospheric partial pressure of CO. under different environmental conditions. Oecologia 52: 121–124.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Francey, R. J. (ed.). 1984. Baseline 1981–1982. Australian Government Publishing Service, Department of Science and Technology.Google Scholar
- Francey, R. J., M. Barbetti, T. Bird, D. Beardsmore, W. Coupland, J. E. Dolezal, G. D. Farquhar, R. G. Flynn, R. J. Fraser, R. M. Gifford, H. S. Goodman, B. Kunda, S. McPhail, G. Nanson, G. I. Pearman, N. G. Richards, T. D. Sharkey, R. B. Temple, and B. Weir. 1984. Isotopes in tree rings-Stanley River collections 1981/1982. CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research Technical Paper No. 4.Google Scholar
- Francey, R. J., R. M. Gifford, T. D. Sharkey, and B. Weir. 1985. Physiological influences on carbon isotope discrimination in Huon Pines. Oecologia 66: 211–218.Google Scholar
- Goodman, H. S. 1980. The 13C/12C ratios of atmospheric carbon dioxide at the Australian Baseline Station, Cape Grim. In G. I. Pearman (ed.). Carbon Dioxide and Climate: Australian Research, pp. 111–114. Australian Academy of Science, Canberra.Google Scholar
- Leavitt, S. W. and A. Long. 1983. An atmospheric reconstruction generated through removal of climate effects from tree-ring 13C/12C measurements. Tellus 35B: 92–102.Google Scholar
- Vogel, J. C. 1978. Recycling of carbon in a forest environment. Oecol. Plant. 13: 89–94.Google Scholar