Operation Scenario of Fusion Experimental Reactor with Main Emphasis on Start-up
Conceptual design studies of the Fusion Experimental Reactor (FER) have been conducted at Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI) in line with a long-range plan for fusion reactor development laid out in the long-term program of the Atomic Energy Commission issued in 1982. The FER succeeding the large tokamak device JT-60 is a tokamak reactor with a major mission of realizing a self-ignited long-burning DT plasma and demonstrating engineering feasibility.
KeywordsPlasma Current Impurity Control Poloidal Field Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute Burning Plasma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Tone, N. Fujisawa, and M. Sugihara, Proc. 6th Topical Meeting on the Technology of Fusion Energy, San Francisco (March, 1985), to be published in Fusion Technology.Google Scholar
- INTOR Group, International Tokamak Reactor: Phase Two A, Part One, International Atomic Energy Agency Report STI/PUB/638, Vienna(1983). See also: Summany in Nuclear Fusion 23 (1983) 1513.Google Scholar
- R. Toschi, “Approach to the Definition of NET”, Proc. 13th Symposium Fusion Technology, Varese (Sept. 1984).Google Scholar
- E. Jobes, J. Stevens, R. Bell, S. Bernabei, A. Cavallo, T. K. Chu, S. Cohen, B. Denne, P. Efthimion, E. Hinnor, W. Hooke, J. Hosea, E. Mazzucato, R. McWilliams, R. Mothey, S. Suckewer, G. Taylor, J. Timberlake, S. von Goeler, and R. Wilson, Phys. Rev. Lett., 52 (1984) 1005.Google Scholar
- T. Okazaki, M. Sugihara, and N. Fujisawa, “Lower Hybrid Current Drive in the Presence of a DC Electric Field”, to be published.Google Scholar
- T. Okazaki, M. Sugihara, and N. Fujisawa, to be published in Nucl. Eng. Design/Fusion.Google Scholar
- M. Porkolab, B. Lloyd, J. J. Schuss, Y. Takase, S. Texter, R. Watterson, P. Bonoli, R. Englade, C. Fiore, R. Gandy, R. Granetz, M. Greewald, D. Gwinn, B. Lipschultz, E. Marmar, S. McCool, D. Pappas, R. Parker, P. Pribyl, J. Rice, J. Terry and S. Wolfe, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Report No. PFC/CP-84–7 (1984).Google Scholar
- M. Shimada, M. Washizu, S. Sengoku, N. Suzuki, M. Nagami, S. Konoshima, T. Mataba, N. Miya, T. Kobayashi, M. Kasai, A. Kameari, M. Abe, T. Hirayama, K. Kodama, T. Yamamoto, A. Kitsunezaki, C. L. Kahn, C. L. Hsieh, R. Snider, R. Groebner, N. H. Brooks, K. H. Burrell, and GA Doublet III Groups, J. Nuclear Materials 128 and 129 (1984) 340.CrossRefGoogle Scholar