Serological Approaches for Identification of Aspergillus and Penicillium Species
Eight species and one variety of Aspergillus i.e. A. flavus A. flavus var. columnaris, A. oryzae and A. parasiticus, A. fumigatus, A. niger, A. phoenicis, A. pulverulentus and A. tubigensis, and two species and three varieties of Penicillium, i.e P. expansum, P. verrucosum var. cyclopium, P. verrucosum var. melanochlorum and P. verrucosum var. verrucosum were antigenically studied in an attempt to identify them by different immunological procedures, i.e. immunodiffusion, two-dimensional immunoelectrophoresis, reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography and hybridoma techniques. The effectiveness and the potential of the different procedures is discussed.
KeywordsCellulose High Performance Liquid Chromatography Acetone Agar Agarose
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HEFTMANN, E. 1984. Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on HPLC of proteins, peptides and polynucleotides. J. Chromatogr. 296: parts I and I I.Google Scholar
- KAUFMAN, L. and LOPEZ, R.B. 1980. Immunodiffusion studies of morphologically similar dermatophyte species. Proceedings, 5th International Conference on the Mycoses, Washington D.C.: Pan American Health Organization. pp. 139–173.Google Scholar
- KAUFMAN, L. and STANDARD P.G., and PADHYE,.A 1980. Serologic relationships among isolates of Exophiala jeanselmei (Phialophora jeanselmei, P. gougerotii) and Wangiella dermatitidis. Proceedings, 5th International Conference on the Mycoses. Washington, D.C.: Pan American Health Organization, pp. 252–258.Google Scholar
- MORACE, G., ORSINI, D., CASTAGNOLA M. and POLONELLI, L. 1984. Exoantigen studies of Phanaerochaeta chrysosporium and Sporotrichum pruinosum cultures. lg. Mod. 81: 314–321.Google Scholar
- POLONELLI, L. and MORACE, G. 1984. Antigenic relationships of Basidiobolus species. Ig. Mod. 81: 1332–1344.Google Scholar
- POLONELLI, L. and MORACE, G. 1985a. Antigenic characterization of Microsporum canis M. distortum M. equinum M. ferruqineum and Trichophyton soudanense cultures. Mycopathologia, (in press).Google Scholar
- POLONELLI, L., ORSINI, D., CASTAGNOLA M. and MORACE, G. 1984. Serological identification of aflatoxin potential producing Aspergillus species. Ig. Mod. 81: 1128–1136.Google Scholar
- SEKON, A.S., STANDARD, P.G., KAUFMAN, L. and GARG, A.K. 1985. Value of exoantigens for grouping Aspergilli. Atlanta, Georgia: IX International Congress of the International Society for Human and Animal Mycology.Google Scholar