Detectors for Radiation Dosimetry
In previous years Radiation Dosimetry in Medicine was concerned mainly with measuring doses produced by x-rays, gamma rays and electrons. These radiations have the common feature that their R.B.E. ≈ 1, and they can be monitored by the same types of detectors.
KeywordsThermal Neutron Fast Neutron Ionization Chamber Neutron Energy Proportional Counter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Acknowledgments
- 1).F. H. Attix, W. C. Roesch and E. Tochlin, “Radiation Dosimetry” (2nd ed., New York: Academic Press, 1966), II and III.Google Scholar
- 2).W. J. Price, “Nuclear Radiation Detection” (2nd ed., New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1964).Google Scholar
- 3).N. W. Holm and R. J. Berry, “Manual on Radiation Dosimetry” (New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1970).Google Scholar
- 4).G. F. Knoll, “Radiation Detection and Measurement” (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1979).Google Scholar
- The figures listed below are reprinted with permission of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. from “Radiation Detection and Measurement,” G. F. Knoll, copyright 1979, John Wiley & Sons: Figs. 3a, 5a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 7c, 8a, 8b, 9a and 9b.Google Scholar
- The figures listed below are reprinted with permission of Academic Press, Inc. and Dr. F. H. Attix from “Radiation Dosimetry” (2nd ed.), F. H. Attix W. C. Roesch and E. Tochlin, copyright 1966, Academic Press: Figs. 2a, 2b, 10a, 15a and 15b.Google Scholar
- The figures listed below are reprinted with permission of Marcel Dekker, Inc. from Manual on Radiation Dosimetry, N. W. Holm and R. J. Berry, copyright 1970, Marcel Dekker, Inc: Figs. 10b, 11a, l1b, 12a, 12b, 13a and 13b.Google Scholar
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank for following members of the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory staff, whose assistance is deeply appreciated: R. H. Thomas, J. McCaslin, J. Howard, A. Smith, P. Wiedenbeck and C. Johnson-Joy.Google Scholar
- This work was supported by the Physics Research Division of the United States Department of Energy under contract no. W-7405-ENG-48.Google Scholar