Long-Range Interaction in Some Two-Electron Systems
There seems to be no area of quantum chemistry which has not been influenced by Löwdin’s work. In the theory of inter-molecular interactions there is the accurate calculation by Hirschfelder and Löwdin /1/ of the dispersion interaction between two ground state hydrogen atoms. However, first of all, there is the pioneering work on the properties of ionic crystals /2/ which, although published almost 30 years ago, still represents the highest achievement in this field. The work clearly shows the enormous complexity of the problem and the necessity of more approximate treatments of the interaction between closed shell systems.
KeywordsInteraction Energy Vibrational Level Helium Atom Potential Energy Curve Resonance Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.O. Hirschfelder and P.O. Löwdin, Mol. Phys. 2. 299 (1959).Google Scholar
- J.O. Hirschfelder and P.O. Löwdin, Mol. Phys. 9, 491 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.P.O. Löwdin, Arkiv f. mat. astr. o. fysik 35A, No. 9,30 (191+8) and “A Theoretical Investigation of Some Properties of Ionic Crystals” ( Almquist & Wicksell, Uppsala, 1948 ).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Chalasinski and B. Jeziorski, Mol. Phys. 27, 61+9 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Kokos, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 8S, 241 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.W. Kolos, Int. J. Quantum Chem., 133 (1975).Google Scholar
- 13.W. Kotos, Int.J.Quantum.Chem., in publication.Google Scholar
- 17.W. Kotos and J.M. Peek, to be published.Google Scholar
- 20.W.D. Davison, Proc. Phys. Soc. 8/, 133 (1966).Google Scholar
- 21.I. Dabrowski and G. Herzberg, Can. J. Phys. in publication.Google Scholar
- 22.W. Ko/os and L. Wolniewicz, Can. J. Phys. in publication.Google Scholar
- 23.W. Kotos, to be published.Google Scholar