Beyond Chi-Square: Evaluation of Parametric Models Used in the Analysis of Data from Fluorescence Decay Experiments
The traditional chi-square test for goodness of fit in nonlinear least squares fitting procedures has been critically examined and its deficiencies noted. A number of alternative tests have been considered and evaluated using synthetic data. A procedure for making more reliable decisions about model acceptability is proposed.
KeywordsSlow Component Trial Function Wrong Decision Combine Statistic Standard Normal Variate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Siegel, Nonparametric Statistics for the Behavioural Sciences, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1956, pp. 52–58.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Kendall and A. Stuart, The Advanced Theory of Statistics, 2nd Edition, Vol.3, Griffin, London, 1968, pp. 355–357.Google Scholar
- 4.ibid. pp. 357–361.Google Scholar
- 5.ibid. pp. 351–355.Google Scholar
- 6.ibid. pp. 361–362.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Johnston, Econometric Methods, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1972, p. 250.Google Scholar
- 9.G.S. Fishman, Concepts and Methods in Discrete Event Digital Simulation, Wiley, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- 12.P.R. Bevington, Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1969, p. 190.Google Scholar