Methods of Titanium Powders Production
Considerable amounts of products and half-finished products fabricated at the present time from molten titanium can be advantageously made from titanium powders by powder metallurgy processes. The simplicity of the process flow diagram of this production,possibilities of extensive mechanization and automation of the processes,sharp decrease of wastes in the manufacture of products make powder metallurgy economically expendient,especially for titanium, taking into account its relatively high cost and the known difficulties relating to wastes processing. Powder metallurgy development is connected with the elaboration of production technology of powders which should meet the customers requirements as to quality and have relatively low cost. Titanium powders properties are changed to a large extent depending on the methods of their production.
KeywordsVortex Titanium Dioxide Magnesium Ethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Davies G., “State and Prospects of Titanium Powder Metallurgy Development”, Precision Metal, February 1968, pp.38–46.Google Scholar
- 2.Friedman G., “Titanium Powder Metallurgy”,International Journal of Powder Metallurgy, (6) 2, 1970, PP. 43–55.Google Scholar
- 3.Jones V.D., Proizvodstvo Metallicheskich Poroshkov, Izd-vo Mir, Moscow, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.rAvgustinic A.I., Vigderhous V.S. et al. “Grinding Kynetics of Some Refractory Metals”, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya No 2, 1963, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- 5.Olesov U.G., Ustinov V.S. et al., “Gydrogenation of Titanium Alloys Wastes”, Tsvetnie Metally, No2, 1967, pp. 69–70Google Scholar
- 6.Garmata V.A. et al., “ Metallurgiya, Titana,Moscow, 1968.Google Scholar
- 7.Ustinov V.S., Olesov U.G. et al. “Testing of Titanium Powders Production by Electrolysis of Melts with Soluble Anode in the Commercial Run,” Tsvetnie Metally, No 12, 1962, pp. 40–42.Google Scholar
- 8.Olesov U.G. et al.,“Electrolytic Production of Titanium-Base Powders”, Tsvetnie Metally, No 5, 1970, Pp.79–81.Google Scholar
- 9.Ustinov V.S. et al., “Techno-Economical Problems and Prospects of Titanium Powder Metallurgy Development”, Tsvetnie Metally, No 8, 1970, pp. 73–76.Google Scholar
- 10.Ustinov V.S. et al.,“The Effect of Powders Production Process on Structure and Properties of Billets and Products Made from Them”. Zbornik Dokladov III Mezhdunarodnoi Konferentsii po Poroshkovoi Metallurgii, Karlovy Vaty - ChSSR, Sept. 29-Oct.3, 1970, vol.3: pp.118–124.Google Scholar
- 11.Borok B.A. et al. “Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Sintered Titanium Alloys, ” Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No 3, 1963, pp.88–97Google Scholar