Fracture Dynamics of Homolite-100
The fracture dynamics of Homalite-100 plates is discussed in the context of linear theory of fracture mechanics. Dynamic photoelasticity is used for dynamic analysis and finite-element method is used for static analysis. Static and dynamic strain-energy-release rates and kinetic-energyrelease rates for constant-velocity, accelerating, and decelerating cracks are determined in fracturing tension plates and in pretensioned plates impacted by a projectile.
KeywordsStress Wave Crack Velocity Crack Arrest Dynamic Resistance Transient Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Proceedings of the International Conference on Dynamic Crack Propagation,Lehigh University, July 10–12, 1972, to be published.Google Scholar
- 2.Hahn, G. T., Hoagland, R. G., Kanninen, M. F., and Rosenfield, A. R., to be published in Ref. 1Google Scholar
- 3.Bradley, W. B., and Kobayashi, A. S., Exp. Mech., 10e, 106–113 (March, 1970 ).Google Scholar
- 6.Kobayashi, A. S., Wade, B. G., Bradley, W. B., and Chiu, S. T., to be presented at the Third International Conference on Fracture, Munich, April, 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.Kobayashi, A. S., and Wade, B. G., to be published in Ref. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Irwin, G. R., Proc. of SESA, XVI (1), 93–96 (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.Marrs, G. R., and Smith, C. W., to be published in ASTM STP 513.Google Scholar
- 10.Schroedl, M. A., McGowan, J. J., and Smith, C. W., to be published in the J. Eng, Fracture Mech.Google Scholar
- 11.Cotterell, B., “On Brittle Fracture Path”, Intern. J. Fracture Mech., 2, 96–103 (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.Sih, G. C., “Some Elastodynamic Problems of Cracks”, Intern. J. Fracture Mech., 5, 51–68 (1968).Google Scholar
- 13.Sih, G. C., Inelastic Behavior of Solids, M. F. Kanninen, W. F. Adler, A. R. Rosenfield, and R. I. Jaffee, (Eds.), McGraw-Hill (1970), pp 607–639.Google Scholar