Possibility of Pair Correlation of Electrons and Holes in a Sandwich Consisting of n- and p- Type Semiconductor Films
A theoretical analysis was made of the energy spectrum for a system comprised of n- and p-type semiconductor films, separated by a dielectric film sufficiently thick to prevent tunneling. This system is of interest due to the possible formation of bound states. The various current flows possible with different circuit configurations lead to some new results. Considering the average distance between electrons to be of the same order as the film thickness, spectrum excitation, interaction of the holes and electrons across the dielectric, and critical-temperature effects are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Keldysh and Yu. V. Kopaev, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 6:2791 (1964) .Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Kozlov and L. A. Maksimov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 48:1184 (1965) .Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. V. Kopaev, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 7:2902 (1965) .Google Scholar
- 5.B. A. Tavger and V. Ya. Demikovskii, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 5:644 (1963) .Google Scholar
- 6.B. T. Geilikman, Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 88:327 (1966).Google Scholar