Venous Thrombosis: Mechanisms and Treatment
The role of Virchow’s triad in the etiology and treatment of venous thrombosis, the natural history of postoperative thrombosis, and methods for monitoring venous embolism are described. In patients with hip joint replacements the effects of several drugs or drug combinations or placebos on wound hematoma and the effects of age, obesity, and activity and several drug combinations on venous embolism are reported.
KeywordsVenous Thrombosis Vascular Factor Elastic Stocking Venous Embolism Postoperative Thrombosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hume M, Sevitt S, Thomas DP: VENOUS THROMBOSIS AND PULMONARY EMBOLISM. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1970, p. 86.Google Scholar
- 8.Madden JL, Hume M: VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM–PREVENTION AND TREATMENT. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1976, pp. 61–90, 173–181.Google Scholar
- 16.Hume M: Sex, aspirin, and leg vein thrombosis after hip reconstruction. (Submitted for Publication).Google Scholar
- 18.Genton E, Gent M, Hirsch J, Harker LA: Platelet-inhibiting drugs in the prevention of clinical thrombotic disease. N ENGL J MED 293:1174–1178; 1236–1240; 1296–1300, 1975.Google Scholar
- 20.Lawrence JC, Xabregas A, Gray L, Ham JM: Seasonal variation in the incidence of deep-vein thrombosis. BR J SURG (In Press).Google Scholar