Kallikrein System during Treatment of Hematological Malignancies
Factors of the plasma kallikrein system have been evaluated following the course of 48 patients with hematological malignancies which consisted of 15 cases of AML, 6 cases of myeloproliferative disorders, 14 of lymphoproliferative disorders, 8 of multiple myeloma and.5 of bone marrow carcinomatoses. Normal range of spontaneous activity was 11.4 ± 3.0 μM/m1 TAMe hydrolyzed, kallikreinogen was 115.8 ± 26.2 μM/ml·h and enzyme inhibitor was 1.02 ± 0.37 unit, Lower kallikreinogen level of the range was from 77.2 to 93.1; higher spontaneous activity, 8.4 to 18.0 and lower enzyme inhibitor activity of 0.46 to 0.92 was seen before treatment. Kallikreinogen increased up to the range of 95.6 to 120.1 at complete remission and decreased down to 63.1–76.5 prior to death. The causes of the change in these factors were discussed.
KeywordsMultiple Myeloma Enzyme Inhibitor Hematological Malignancy Spontaneous Activity Lymphoproliferative Disorder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Back, N. et al., 1976. Low molecular weight organic acids as inhibitors of kinin-forming activity of a rodent tumor acid protease and human plasma kallikrein. Pharmacol, Res. Commun. 8: 31.Google Scholar
- Chiba, Y. et al., 1976. Clinical study on measurement of human plasma kallikrein system. Jap. J. Clin. Hemet. 19: 214.Google Scholar
- Colman, R.W. et al., The human plasma kallikreinakinin system, 1971. In: Progress in hematology, Vol. VII, eds. C.C. Moore and E.B. Brown ( Grune and Stratton, New York ) p. 255.Google Scholar
- Colman, R.W. et al., Human kallikrein and prekallikrein, 1976. In: methods in enzymology, Vol. XLV. ed. L. Lorand ( Academic Press, New York ) p. 303.Google Scholar
- Ratnoff, 0.D. 1977. In: Haemostasis: Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathology. eds. D. Ogston and B. Bennett ( John Wiley Sons, London ) p. 25.Google Scholar
- Rixon, R.H., et al. Kallikrein, kinin and cell proliferation, 1973. In: Kininogenases. eds. G.L. Haberland and J.W. Rohen (F.K, Schattauer Verlag, Stuttgart ) p. 131.Google Scholar