Energy Efficiency in the Process of Ethanol Production from Molasses
Continuous fermentation technology in order to achieve higher ethanol concentrations at elevated temperatures.
More energy efficient chemical engineering unit operations including the process of azeotropic distillation.
Different ethanol dehydration routes to obtain absolute (water-free) ethanol by minimizing the energy need of the process.
KeywordsEnergy Efficiency Ethanol Production Anaerobic Digestion Conversion Process Liquid Fuel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anon. 1980. Gasohol: Does it save energy: Vol. 14: 2.Google Scholar
- Beba, A. 1980. Investigation of energy efficiency in the process of ethanol production. Thesis, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey.Google Scholar
- Bechtel Corp. 1977 (April). Edison Coordinated Joint Regional Solid Waste Energy Recovery Project: Feasibility Investigation.Google Scholar
- Bennet, T.P. and Friden, E. 1973. Modern Topics in Biochemistry. Turkish translation. Turkish Ministry of Education. Istanbul.Google Scholar
- Besorak, Y. 1978. A new energy Alternative for Turkish highways. Turkish 3rd. Energy National Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2. Ankara. In Turkish.Google Scholar
- Bolt, A.J. 1964. Survey of alcohol as motor fuel. Society of Automotive Engineers, SP-254. New York.Google Scholar
- Keller, J.L. May. 1979. Alcohols as motor fuels. Hydrocarbon ProcessingGoogle Scholar
- Klauss, D.L. 1973. Fuel Gas from Organic Wastes. Chem. Tech. Vol. 3, No. II.Google Scholar
- Kohli, H.S. 1980. Renewable Energy: Alcohol from Biomass. Finance and Development. December.Google Scholar
- Kovarik, Bill, Ed. 1982. Fuel Alcohol. Earthscan London.Google Scholar
- Lanouette, W.J. 1980. Gasohol. National Journal, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Lawrason, C.G. 1964. Ethyl alcohol and gasoline as a modern motor fuel. Society of Automotive Engineers, SP-254, New York.Google Scholar
- Mears, L.G. 1978. Energy from Agriculture. Environment Vol. 20, No. 10.Google Scholar
- Radovich, J.M. 1979. Conversion processes for liquid fuels from biomass. Atlanta International Conference Proceedings, Atlanta, Ga.Google Scholar
- Stallings, J.W. 1979. Economics of energy recovery from biomass using fluidized bed combustion. Atlanta International Conference Proceeedings, Atlanta, Ga.Google Scholar